- Retail Compliance Center
Retail Compliance Center
About the RCC
The Center for Retail Compliance is helping retailers of all types and sizes comply with environmental regulations through retail-specific resources, new tools to make compliance easier and programs more effective, and by building a community of retail environmental compliance professionals.
Today's retailers face an environmental compliance landscape that is governed by a patchwork of federal and state laws and regulations, many of which were not developed for the retail industry. In the past decade, retailers have been fined upwards of $270 million dollars for hazardous waste and other environmental violations. Since 2014, the Retail Compliance Center, an initiative of the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA), has helped retailers navigate this regulatory space with the goal of enhancing compliance for individual companies and across the industry.
- Provides targeted information in a way that encourages a systematic approach to retail compliance and tools to help retailers bulletproof their compliance programs
- Incorporates sustainability to help reduce regulatory requirements and risk
- Is more than a website – a true Center that provides value added resources and a community to help build capacity in the industry
THE RCC TEAM
- Tiffin Shewmake, Executive Director, Retail Compliance Center
- Andrew Sousa, Senior Director, Environmental Programs
- Kevin Gibney, Coordinator, Environmental Programs & Retail Compliance Center
- Deborah White, Senior Executive Vice President & General Counsel, RILA
- Erin Hiatt, Director, Energy, Sustainability & Research, RILA
Click here to Learn More