The 2021 Retail Asset Protection Conference Has Been Cancelled.
After thorough discussions with industry executives, health experts, and the conference steering committee, RILA has made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel our in-person Retail Asset Protection Conference in Orlando scheduled for August 17-20.
While this is disappointing for all of us who were looking forward to gathering in person again, we are confident this is the right thing to do. RILA truly has amazing members; the guidance and support we have received throughout the week as we evaluated our options and arrived at this difficult decision was nothing short of remarkable.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is RILA cancelling this event?
In response to the continued spread of the COVID-19 outbreak and the prevalence of the delta variant in Florida, RILA will cancel the co-located conferences – LINK2021: the Retail Supply Chain Conference and the 2021 Retail Asset Protection Conference scheduled for August 17-20 in Orlando, Florida. This decision reflects our commitment to providing the best educational and networking opportunities to our participants as well as to the safety and well-being of participants.
- Will the Conference be rescheduled to take place later this year?
While RILA will not plan an in-person event in 2021, we are working with our Conference Steering Committee and our speakers and presenters to determine what content can be presented virtually.
- What is the date of the 2022 conference, and where will it be located?
The 2022 Retail Asset Protection Conference will take place on April 24-27, 2022 at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, Florida.
- I am a retail attendee. Will I receive a refund for my Conference registration now that the event is cancelled?
RILA has instituted a flexible refund policy that gives registrants the option to apply their registration fee to the 2022 event or to receive a full refund for their registration. All registered attendees have been sent an email with instructions on taking advantage of either option. If you are a registered, retail attendee, but did not receive an email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your preferred option no later than August 25, 2021.
- I am a retail attendee and choose to apply my registration fee to the 2022 event. How does this work?
At this time, you do not need to do anything other than indicate that you would like to advantage of the credit option using the form provided in our email to attendees. When it comes time to register for the 2022 event, you will register online as usual.
- I am a retail attendee and choose to receive a refund for my 2021 registration fee. How does this work?
At this time, you do not need to do anything other than indicate that you would like a refund using the form provided in our email to attendees. Requests for refunds will be processed in the order they are received. We expect most refunds will be processed within 14 days of the request. Conference registrations paid by check may require an additional ten days to process.
- I am a retail attendee and am not sure if I can go to next year’s conference. Can I transfer my registration to someone else at a later date?
As with our regular conference policies, you may transfer the registration to another individual at your company at any time.
- What about my hotel reservation?
If you have a reservation at the Gaylord Palms, you must cancel your reservation on your own. RILA does NOT have the authority to cancel any hotel reservations. Look for an email from the Gaylord Palms, or contact them at (407) 586-0000 to cancel.
- Will attendees and/or exhibitors be refunded for airline tickets or other expenses already incurred?
Unfortunately, RILA cannot reimburse travel expenses. Please contact the airline, train service, etc. directly to inquire about reimbursement.
- Will you still be selecting the Startup Innovation Award Winners? What will the selection and notification process look like?
We plan to move ahead with the 2021 Startup Innovation Awards. Look for more information on how to participate coming soon.
- Will any sessions be made available virtually?
RILA, along with our conference steering committees, will determine what content that we will make available virtually throughout the remainder of the year.
- Who do I contact for more information?
Retailer and consumer product manufacturer attendees with questions should contact RILA at email@example.com.
Exhibitors and/or sponsors with additional questions or concerns not addressed here, please contact either Tripp Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sara Spellacy at email@example.com.