The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) is the US trade association for retail leaders.
Our members have earned leadership status by virtue of their sales volume, innovation or aspiration. We convene decision-makers to collaborate and gain from each other’s experience. We advance the industry through public-policy advocacy and education. And through research and thought leadership, we propel developments that foster both economic growth and sustainability. Our aim is bold but simple: To elevate a dynamic industry by transforming the environment in which retailers operate.
What we believe:
- Retail is vital.
- Retail is ever-evolving.
- The customer experience is as important as the transaction.
- Collaboration makes retailers better competitors.
- We are our members
As the retail industry’s advocate in Washington, RILA is a trusted source dedicated to telling the retail industry’s story and informing lawmakers of the impact and consequences of the decisions they make. RILA is respected by regulators as the serious and responsible voice of the industry. RILA provides a forum where members can conduct discussions aimed at understanding common operational practices, areas of concern and pragmatic solutions to problems. And, our educational events are second to none.
RILA is structured to focus on core areas where retailers can collaborate to make a difference.
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Supply Chain
- Asset Protection
- Human Resources
- Legal Affairs and Compliance
- Sustainability / Environment
- Technology & Innovation
Become a Retail Member:
To become a retail member, a company must conduct retail operations and sell directly to the end consumer. RILA reserves the right to determine which companies qualify and under which category. Retail membership is based on total annual revenue. Download your membership kit and become a member today!
If you have any questions about membership, please contact Kelly Foelber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“My experience serving on RILA’s board to date has shown me what incredible things our industry can accomplish when we work together on a shared vision for retail. As chair, I’m thrilled to be able to continue working so closely with fellow leaders to build upon our successes and help shape the future of our industry.”
- Ulta Beauty
RILA Premier Membership
RILA also offers a Retail Premier Membership for those companies that wish to play an enhanced role in setting the strategic direction and priority of the association. As a premier member, your company would have the opportunity to drive and shape RILA’s policy and retail operations agenda. RILA premier retail members pay flat dues of $350,000 a year.
Premier Members enjoy the following benefits:
- The opportunity to serve on RILA's Public Policy Steering Committee to help make recommendations to RILA's Board of Directors on the key issues facing the retail industry
- The opportunity to nominate their president or CEO to the RILA Board of Directors
- The opportunity to guide RILA's research and communication on the value of the retail industry to the national economy
- Participation in RILA's PAC, grassroots and grasstops policy efforts