Join the trade association for retail leaders by becoming a member today!
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) is the US trade association for retail leaders. Our members have earned leadership status by virtue of their sales volume, innovation or aspiration. We convene decision-makers to collaborate and gain from each other’s experience. We advance the industry through public-policy advocacy and education. And through research and thought leadership, we propel developments that foster both economic growth and sustainability. Our aim is bold but simple: To elevate a dynamic industry by transforming the environment in which retailers operate.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Ability to participate in and influence advocacy work around RILA’s primary focus areas
- Ability to participate in and influence the topical focus areas over more than 60 peer committees and benchmark with America’s largest and most innovative retailers
- Committee activities include regular benchmarking calls, surveys, and in-person meetings and industry research
- Free attendance to all core RILA committee meetings
- Discounted attendance to all RILA conferences
- Access to member-only content hosted on RILA's various website
Take it from our members
"Learning from each other has been one of our greatest strengths as an industry. We’re all competitors in one form or another, but it’s the moments of common purpose and collaboration that truly allow us to do great things as an industry."
- Chair, RILA – Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer
- Foot Locker, Inc
- New York, NY
How to Become a Retail Member:
To become a retail member, a company must conduct retail operations and sell directly to the end consumer. RILA reserves the right to determine which companies qualify and under which category. Retail membership is based on total annual revenue. Download your membership kit and become a member today!
If you have any questions about membership, please contact Kelly Foelber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RILA Retail Premier Membership
RILA also offers a Retail Premier Membership for those companies that wish to play an enhanced role in setting the strategic direction and priority of the association. As a premier member, your company would have the opportunity to drive and shape RILA’s policy and retail operations agenda. RILA premier retail members pay flat dues of $350,000 a year.
Retail Premier Members enjoy the following benefits:
- The opportunity to serve on RILA's Public Policy Steering Committee to help make recommendations to RILA's Board of Directors on the key issues facing the retail industry
- The opportunity to nominate their president or CEO to the RILA Board of Directors
- The opportunity to guide RILA's research and communication on the value of the retail industry to the national economy
- Participation in RILA's PAC, grassroots and grasstops policy efforts
Congress Has Opportunity to Protect Consumers, Biz with NDAA
- By [Michael Hanson]
Retailers Welcome House Competition Bill Introduction
- By [Austen Jensen]
Rail Labor Agreement Welcome News for Retail Supply Chains
- By [Jess Dankert]
Supply Chain Crisis Averted: Rail Agreement Reached
- By [Jess Dankert]
USTR’s Patently Insufficient Response to Tariff Comments
- By [Deborah White, Kathleen McGuigan]
Emergency Order Needed to Support Info Sharing at U.S. Ports
- By [Sarah Gilmore]
Retailers Back WH Rail Decree, Urge Congress to Step in
- By [Brian Dodge]