Aerosols As Universal Waste Rule Tracking Matrix
Updated: January 2023
The overview provided in this table is for informational purposes only. Because of the summary nature of the table, it cannot capture all the nuances of the relevant regulations. It may therefore be important to consult the regulations directly and/or to seek legal advice on particular issues as they may arise.
- Green - Adopted the EPA Final Rule or listed aerosol cans as Universal Waste prior to the Federal Final Rule
- Blue - Proposed to adopt EPA final rule
- Red - Categories of aerosols listed as Universal Waste prior to the Federal Final Rule
- Yellow - A timeline for adoption has been announced/shared
- Grey - No timeline for adoption has been announced/shared
State-by-state tracking of adoption of the EPA rule to list aerosol cans as universal waste.Download Aerosols as Universal Waste Rule Matrix
Explore Related Content
Regulations for hazardous waste, which in retail can include some unsalable products as well as some operational waste. Also covers universal wastes.
State-by-state tracking of implementation of the Hazardous Waste Generator Improvement Rule.
Overview of state variations in hazardous waste regulations under RCRA, including hazardous waste characteristics, thresholds, and universal waste.
Overview of variations in hazardous waste reporting by state for routine periodic reporting and requirements for manifest submissions.
Hazardous Waste Matrix