The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) announced the addition of Unilever President of Customer Development Joseph Cavaliere to its Board of Directors. The election occurred during the Board’s semi-annual meeting, which was held Tuesday. Also as part of the meeting PetSmart President & CEO Bob Moran and IBM General Manager for Global Retail Industry Karen Lowe were re-elected to the Board.
“We are pleased to welcome Joe Cavaliere to the RILA board,” said RILA President Sandy Kennedy. “RILA benefits tremendously from the strategic insight provided by its highly engaged Board of Directors. Their perspective on the short- and long-term issues facing the retail industry is critical to our ability to deliver on the industry’s behalf.”
The RILA Board of Directors is comprised of chief executives from 18 of America’s largest and most innovative retail companies. Board members are elected to two-year terms.
The 2012 RILA Board of Directors:
- Gregg Steinhafel, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Target Corporation (Chairman)
- Richard Dreiling, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Dollar General Corporation (Vice Chairman)
- Gregory Wasson, Chief Executive Officer & President, Walgreen Co. (Second Vice Chairman)
- Eric Wiseman, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, VF Corporation (Treasurer)
- Robert Niblock, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Lowe's Companies, Inc. (Secretary)
- Bill Rhodes, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, AutoZone, Inc. (Immediate Past Chairman)
- Francis Blake, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, The Home Depot, Inc.
- Joseph Cavaliere, President, Customer Development, Unilever
- Lou D’Ambrosio, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sears Holding Corporation
- Joe DePinto, President and Chief Executive Officer, 7-Eleven
- Alan Hoskins, President & Chief Executive Officer, Energizer Holdings, Inc., Energizer Household Products
- Sally Jewell, President & Chief Executive Officer, Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
- Karen Lowe, General Manager, Global Retail Industry, IBM Corporation
- Robert Moran, President & Chief Executive Officer, PetSmart, Inc.
- James Myers, Chief Executive Officer, PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
- Steven Preston, Executive Vice President, Finance, Recycling & Energy Services, Waste Management
- Walter Robb, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Whole Foods Market, Inc.
- William Simon, President & Chief Executive Officer, Walmart U.S., Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Sandy Kennedy, President, Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Myron E. "Mike" Ullman, Special Advisor to the RILA Board of Directors
RILA has been recognized for its leadership on the issues most important to the retail industry. Specifically, RILA’s campaign to end the unfair advantage online-only retailers have over Main Street retailers has produced numerous victories in state capitals across the country, including California, Texas, Pennsylvania, and most recently New Jersey. The successful e-fairness campaigns in the states have translated into bipartisan momentum in Congress to pass a comprehensive federal solution.
RILA is the trade association of the world’s largest and most innovative retail companies. RILA members include more than 200 retailers, product manufacturers, and service suppliers, which together account for more than $1.5 trillion in annual sales, millions of American jobs and more than 100,000 stores, manufacturing facilities and distribution centers domestically and abroad.
SVP, Communications & State Affairs