Workplace Safety Committee
The Workplace Safety Committee convenes retail safety professionals to identify leading practices that minimize incidents and injuries of employees and customers. The committee maintains strong partnerships with enforcement agencies, supports regulatory compliance and assists in respective legislative efforts.
The committee serves as a forum for benchmarking, networking and the leading exchange of best practices. Committee interactions include bi-annual meetings and bi-monthly calls. Recent topics covered by this group include: the latest safety technology, effective training of associates on the disposal of hazardous and infectious materials, recent OSHA rulings regarding personal protective equipment in safety zones, workplace violence and safety org structure.
The Committee Goals include:
- Equip leading retailers with information and strategies to communicate the value of retail safety to internal stakeholders, associates and consumers
- Advocate for retailer priorities that enable safe workplaces and employees’ wellbeing at state and federal levels
- Expose members to innovative technology that is addressing the pressing needs of leading retail safety executives and ultimately improves safety and the overall customer experience.
For more information on RILA’s Workplace Safety Committee, please contact Ellen Jackson at email@example.com.
Retail Resources for Coronavirus
RILA Cancels Retail Asset Protection Conference
- By [Brian Dodge]
Leading Retailers Step Up to Partner on COVID-19 Testing
- By [Brian Dodge]
Retailers Back INFORM Consumers Act
- By [Michael Hanson]
Retailers Sell Community Engagement
- By [Lisa LaBruno]
Retail CEOs Get Candid at Annual Forum
- By [Brian Dodge, Jenny Keehan]
RILA President is Excited About the Unknown
- By [Brian Dodge, Caroline Stec]