Retail Sustainability Leadership Model
About the Model
The Model is a tool for retail sustainability executives to identify the management practices that will drive improved corporate and environmental performance.
The Model is divided into seven sections, including:
- Strategy & Commitment
- People & Tools
- Retail Operations
- Supply Chain
- Sustainability / CSR Issues
It is intended to identify possible pathways to strong environmental sustainability programs in retail. The leading practices are currently only performed by a few companies at most; and not every company can/will achieve every leading practice.
To learn more about the development and scope of the model, see the full PDF version.
How to Use the Model
The Model is a tool that can be used for individual company and industrywide purposes.
Individual retailers can use the Model to:
- Identify the maturity of their program and opportunities for improvement
- Facilitate internal conversations about the sustainability program’s development
- Access more funding for sustainability programs
- Train employees with sustainability responsibilities
- Obtain buy-in from leadership and other departments
- Evaluate internal and external perception, and then evaluate gaps
Program dimensions that were determined to be critical for embedding sustainability into a company’s corporate culture have been noted. Retailers should focus efforts on driving improvements in these key dimensions.
Retailers can refer to the Sustainability Resource Library for specific tools, case studies, and further opportunities to help them progress the maturity of their programs.