- FTC Proposed “Non-Compete Clause Rule”
- The FTC has proposed to use its limited authority to promulgate a very broad rule that would deem non-compete clauses to be an “unfair method of competition” subject to enforcement.
- Staff Lead: Kathleen McGuigan, EVP & Deputy General Counsel
- Consent Decree on Mastercard Tokenization Violations
- The FTC has requested comments on a consent decree with Mastercard that orders Mastercard to end its “illegal business tactics” of tokenization that block merchants’ use of competing debit networks.
- Staff Lead: Austen Jensen, EVP, Government Affairs
- Request for Comments on Green Guides
- The FTC has requested comments on whether to rescind, modify and/or update its “Green Guides,” which provide federal guidance on environmental marketing terms.
- Staff Lead: Susan Kirsch, VP, Regulatory Affairs
- “INFORM Consumers Act” Implementation
- The INFORM Consumers Act provides the FTC with enforcement powers and rulemaking authority to ensure that online marketplaces and high-voume sellers implement the measures required by law.
- Staff Lead: Michael Hanson, Sr EVP, Public Affairs
Ensuring a Safe, Sustainable Future
Organized Retail Crime
Supporting Free Markets and Fostering Innovation