The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) and the Retail Litigation Center (RLC) are excited to present the Retail Law Conference, a compelling digital experience to be held October 20–22, 2020 (noon to 5:30 p.m. ET each day). It’s the same great conference, with the same retail-specific legal education, delivered safely to your home or office, without the hassle or expense of travel. And you don’t even have to wear a mask!
Who Should Attend?
The Retail Law Conference is designed for general counsel and their top legal deputies but is also a great opportunity for your entire legal department! In-House legal teams increase their performance when team members are powered by a shared understanding of their challenges and access to the knowledge, they need to meet them. Legal Team pricing, only available to retailers and product manufacturers that are RILA or RLC members, is a simplified, cost-effective way to attend. Major retailers are registering full legal teams – including paralegals.
The Digital Experience
The entirely virtual Retail Law Conference will be three half-days of industry-leading education from noon to 5pm ET – so you still have half your day to stay connected to other responsibilities.
Our program features a variety of session formats designed to facilitate valuable peer-to-peer interactions, meaningful discussions around the most relevant topics, and unique learning opportunities (including earning CLE credits!) that attendees have come to expect from our in-person events.
- "Ask a GC" Sessions: Featuring one of the retail industry's top general counsel in a small group discussion with in-house counsel attendees. (Limited seating)
- Keynotes & General Sessions: Industry leaders who will inspire change by sharing their unique experiences, knowledge, and ideas.
- CLE Breakout Sessions: A blend of lecture-based instruction, case studies, and peer learning on the latest topics affecting the retail industry.
- Retailer Roundtables: Moderated small group discussions with peer in-house counsel sharing best practices, benchmarking information, and an open forum to discuss your pressing issues. (Limited seating)
- Aggressive Class Action Defense
- “Californication”: States Vying to Be Next California
- Cannabis Conundrums
- Combating Counterfeits
- Diversity and Corporate Boards of Director
- Guns and Weapons in the Retail Workplace
- Impact of International Compliance and Enforcement Trends on Supply Chain
- Life and Leadership in the Time of COVID
- Practicing Ethically During and After the Pandemic
- Retail Apocalypse Meets Global Pandemic: Bankruptcy
- Retail Lease Strategies Amid COVID-19
- Right-to-Know Laws in the Digital Age
- Strategies for Using Independent Contractors After Uber and Lyft
- Supreme Court Term 2020: What’s Coming?
Featured retail speakers:
- Paul Adams, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Gap Inc.
- Lacey Bundy, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, PetSmart, Inc.
- Jodi Caro, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer & Corporate Secretary, Ulta Beauty, Inc.
- Tim Cheatham, EVP, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary and Chief Compliance Officer, The Michaels Companies, Inc.
- Sheilagh Clarke, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, Foot Locker, Inc.
- Eve DelSoldo, Vice President & General Counsel, QxH Commerce, Qurate Retail Group
- Mike Eckhardt, Vice President, Chief Risk Officer, General Counsel & Secretary, Wawa, Inc.
- Linn Evans, Chief Legal Officer, Ahold Delhaize USA
- Rankin Gasaway, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, 7-Eleven, Inc.
- Rachel Gonzalez, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Julie Gruber, EVP, Global General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer & Corporate Secretary, Gap Inc.
- Todd Hartman, Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, General Counsel, Best Buy Co., Inc.
- Michelle Krall, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Designer Brands Inc.
- Elena Kraus, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Walgreen Co.
- Don Liu, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal & Risk Officer, Target Corporation
- Ron Masciantonio, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Five Below, Inc.
- Bill McCanless, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Lowe's Companies, Inc.
- Laura Meagher, Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, VF Corporation
- Ben Parrish, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Tractor Supply Company
- Teresa Wynn Roseborough, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, The Home Depot, Inc.
- Alon Rotem, General Counsel, ThredUp Inc.
- Rhonda Taylor, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Dollar General Corporation
- Suzanne Wachsstock, Chief Antitrust Counsel, Walmart Inc.
- David Yawman, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, PepsiCo, Inc.
Note – some sessions have capacity limits and are registration closes on October 16. Don’t wait – secure your spot today!
Legal Affairs & Compliance
Retail Law Conference