This week the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) held its semi-annual Board of Directors meeting in Amelia Island, Florida. Target Corporation Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Brian Cornell will continue serving his two-year term as Board chairman.
RILA’s Board of Directors shapes the Association’s public policy advocacy, legal strategy, and operational initiatives. In 2019, the industry will focus on promoting economic growth, free markets, competition, sustainability, and diversity.
“Retail is changing and so are we,” said RILA President Sandy Kennedy. “Our public policy agenda and other strategic objectives are designed to advance our Board’s top priorities in a dynamic and exciting time for the industry.”
“RILA is incredibly fortunate to have such an elite group of industry leaders who lend their time and expertise to collaborate and gain from each other’s experience,” said RILA Chief Operating Officer Brian Dodge. “RILA is intensely focused on the industry’s rapidly evolving ecosystem, and we are committed to equipping leading retailers to succeed.”
The 2019 RILA Board of Directors:
Brian Cornell, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Target Corporation (Chairman)
- Mary Dillon, Chief Executive Officer, Ulta Beauty (Vice Chairman)
- Todd Vasos, Chief Executive Officer, Dollar General Corporation (Second Vice Chairman)
- Bill Rhodes, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, AutoZone, Inc. (Immediate Past Chairman)
- Gina Boswell, President, Customer Development, Unilever
- Mark Breitbard, President & Chief Executive Officer, Banana Republic, Gap Inc.
- Shelley Broader, President & Chief Executive Officer, Chico’s FAS, Inc.
- James Dinkins, President, Coca-Cola North America, The Coca-Cola Company
- Marvin Ellison, President & Chief Executive Officer, Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
- Alexander Gourlay, Co-Chief Operating Officer, Walgreens Boot Alliance and President, Walgreen Co.
- Alan Hoskins, Chief Executive Officer, Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- Joe Jensen, Vice President, Internet of Things Group, and General Manager, Retail Solutions Division, Intel Corporation
- Richard Johnson, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Foot Locker, Inc.
- Hubert Joly, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Best Buy Co., Inc.
- Richard Keyes, President & Chief Executive Officer, Meijer, Inc.
- Stephen Laughlin, Vice President & General Manager, Global Consumer Industry, Retail, IBM Corporation
- Craig Menear, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer & President, The Home Depot, Inc.
- Steve Rendle, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, VF Corporation
- Gregory Sandfort, Chief Executive Officer, Tractor Supply Company
- Jill Standish, Senior Managing Director, Global Retail Consulting Practice, Accenture
- Sandy Kennedy, President, Retail Industry Leaders Association
RILA is the US trade association for leading retailers. We convene decision-makers, advocate for the industry, and promote operational excellence and innovation. Our aim is to reimagine and transform the retail ecosystem - and equip leading retailers to succeed in it.
RILA members include more than 200 retailers, product manufacturers, and service suppliers, which together account for more than $1.5 trillion in annual sales, millions of American jobs, and more than 100,000 stores, manufacturing facilities, and distribution centers domestically and abroad.