Today, a broad coalition of business leaders issued the following statement:
“The strength of our nation’s democracy depends on the integrity and fairness of our elections. We urge Americans to exercise their right to vote.
“This election, tens of millions of Americans are expected to vote by mail, and it may be days or even weeks until the outcome is settled. Even under normal circumstances, it can take time to finalize results. We urge all Americans to support the process set out in our federal and state laws and to remain confident in our country’s long tradition of peaceful and fair elections.
“Regardless of the election outcome, we look forward to working with the Administration and the new Congress to ensure a strong and safe economic recovery while working to build long-term prosperity for all Americans.”
The statement was issued by the American Property Casualty Insurance Association, Business Roundtable, ITI, the National Association of Manufacturers, the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors, the National Retail Federation, the Retail Industry Leaders Association and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- American Property Casualty Insurance Association: Jessica Hanson Hanna, 202-828-7137
- Business Roundtable: Jennifer Cummings, (202) 496-3249
- Information Technology Industry Council (ITI): Ryan Thornton, (724) 316-8930
- National Association of Manufacturers: Jamie Hennigan, (202) 316-6160
- National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors: Jade West, (202) 452-6109
- National Retail Federation: Mary McGinty, (202) 763-8157
- Retail Industry Leaders Association: Melissa Murdock, (202) 381-0627
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Tim Doyle, (202) 463-5771