“Retail corporate counsel play such an integral role in company success, both in protecting brands from harm and enabling exciting change. The Retail Law Conference provides in-house legal teams the education, tools, and relationships needed to excel in those roles,” said RILA General Counsel and RLC President Deborah White.
This year’s conference is sold out for the first time in its 10-year history.
Featured session topics include:
- Competition in the 21st Century: Antitrust & Tech Platforms
- CCPA Boot Camp: The First Major U.S. Privacy Law Takes Effect
- SCOTUS 2020: Putting the Supreme Court in Focus
- The Business Imperative for Diverse Legal Perspectives
- The Ethics of Email and Social Media
- And many more!
- Greg Baker, General Counsel, Chico’s
- Elizabeth Baran, Vice President & Assoc. General Counsel, DICK'S Sporting Goods
- Anne Bradley, Chief Privacy Counsel & Global Counsel for Nike Direct, NIKE, Inc.
- Michael Eckhardt, Vice Pres., Chief Risk Officer, General Counsel & Sec’y, Wawa
- Ava Farshidi, Assistant General Counsel, David Yurman
- Tom Goldstein, SCOTUSblog Publisher & Partner, Goldstein & Russell
- James Hanlon, General Counsel & Company Secretary, IKEA
- Stacy Keegan, Chief Privacy Officer & Assoc. General Counsel, The Home Depot
- Janet Kelley, General Counsel, Meijer
- Diana Moss, Ph.D., President, American Antitrust Institute
- Sandy Rhodes, EVP, General Counsel, CCO & Corporate Secretary, Tailored Brands
- Rocky Robins, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corp. Secretary, Big Lots
- Arooj Sheikh, Senior Legal Counsel, Global Employment, Abercrombie & Fitch, Co.
- Dean Worley, General Counsel, Dillard’s
- And many more!
RILA is the US trade association for leading retailers. We convene decision-makers, advocate for the industry, and promote operational excellence and innovation. Our aim is to elevate a dynamic industry by transforming the environment in which retailers operate.
RILA members include more than 200 retailers, product manufacturers, and service suppliers, which together account for more than $1.5 trillion in annual sales, millions of American jobs, and more than 100,000 stores, manufacturing facilities, and distribution centers domestically and abroad.
Directed by the chief legal officers of the country's leading retail companies, the Retail Litigation Center (RLC) is the only organization dedicated to advocating for the industry's top priorities in the federal and state judiciary. The RLC also works with leading law firms and retail corporate counsel to develop forward-thinking strategies to combat meritless mass action litigation. Founded by the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) in 2010 as an independent organization, the RLC is a 501(c)(6) membership association open to all retailers and select law firms.
Legal Affairs & Compliance