Health and Safety During RAP: The Retail Asset Protection ConferenceRILA members have expressed the strong desire to return to in-person events, and RILA is excited to play a critical role providing the opportunities you need to network, learn from peers and industry experts, and connect with the retail asset protection community.
That is why we are so excited to bring you the RAP: The Retail Asset Protection Conference, an in-person opportunity for asset protection executives to meet for top-level collaboration and learning. We can’t wait to see you again face-to-face!
Ensuring the safety of our attendees and our teams at RAP22 is our top priority. We are encouraged that case rates are stabilizing and that effective anti-viral treatments and testing are easily accessible. This combined with high vaccination rates and/or previous exposures, means there is a level of protection and assurance now that didn’t exist even two months ago. The circumstances justify the more fulsome return to normal that is underway.
Therefore, RILA will institute the following policies effective 3/17/2022 for attendance at RAP22:
- RILA strongly recommends attendees and guests be fully vaccinated
- For fully vaccinated guests, face coverings are optional
- Unvaccinated guests are asked to wear face coverings in all indoor locations when not actively eating or drinking
- Guests not feeling well or exhibiting any COVID-19 related symptoms should not participate in any conference activities
- COVID-19 Tests will be available onsite
The Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center and their parent company Marriott Corporation have implemented extensive health and safety cleanliness standards. As of this writing, all unvaccinated Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center staff wear masks indoors; masks are optional for fully vaccinated team members. In addition, the hotel has implemented enhanced cleaning and other safety protocols. Read the full hotel guidelines here and check back for any changes.
Call the hotel’s guest services line, or see the RILA Team at our registration and information desk in the Gaylord Palms Convention Center Osceola Lobby.
As throughout the pandemic, we are all in this together. Thank you for assisting RILA in holding as safe an event as possible, so that we can all enjoy the important benefits of in-person industry gatherings!
COVID-19 Safety Information & Policy
COVID-19 Warning: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By attending a RILA Event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
(i) Attendee Duty of Care. During your attendance at a RILA Event and related activities, you agree to support, observe and obey all COVID-19 safety procedures, prevention efforts, posted rules and warnings. COVID-19 vaccinations are recommended for all attendees, unless you have a medical or religious reason that would prevent you from doing so, with at least 2 weeks having passed since your second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, prior to attending the RILA Event. These policies and procedures may be modified at any time in advance of or during the RILA Event activities. RILA will apprise all registered conference attendees of any changes in conference policy based on updated mandates or guidance from federal or local government authorities.
(ii) RILA follows COVID-19 safety procedures and guidance as contemplated by the CDC, and any other governing Federal or local government authority. The preventative measures instituted at the RILA Event by RILA and the host location have been put in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, RILA cannot guarantee or prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending the RILA Event or associated activities. These terms are subject to change. RILA reserves the right to make changes to policies, terms and conditions at any time for any reason.
(iii) Duty to Self-Monitor. You agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. On each day of the RILA Event, prior to the commencement of the RILA Event agenda, you agree to perform the following self-assessment to determine the following:
- Do you have a temperature of 100.4°F (38°C) or higher?
- Have you experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 recently or you are currently experiencing symptoms?
- Have you come into contact with any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or shown any of the symptoms of COVID-19, to the best of your knowledge?
- Do you have reason to believe that you or any member of your household currently has a COVID-19 infection or you or they have been exposed to someone with a COVID-19 infection?
If you answered “yes” to any of the foregoing self-assessment questions, do not attend the RILA Event. By attending the RILA Event activities each day after performing the self-assessment, you are warranting that a self-assessment has been performed and that you are symptom-free of COVID-19. If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms while attending the RILA Event, you must contact the emergency staff on site for further instruction and testing. You also agree to contact RILA at firstname.lastname@example.org if you subsequently experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in a RILA Event.
(iv) Assumption of the Risk. Your attendance at the RILA Event is strictly voluntary. You acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the warning and risks concerning COVID-19, the highly contagious nature of COVID-19, and that following preventative rules and maintaining personal discipline may help reduce this risk, but that the risk of serious illness and in some cases, death, is not completely eliminated. By attending the RILA Event activities, you voluntarily, knowingly, and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault associated with the event or activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the actions, omissions, negligence, fault or conduct of any kind by you and others, including, but not limited to, RILA staff, host location staff, RILA Event attendees, exhibitors, or sponsors, who may attend the RILA Event or their respective families, colleagues, or others with whom they may have contact. Accordingly, you agree to release, waive and forever discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against RILA and its affiliated partners and sponsors, including in each case, without limitation, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to damages or losses caused by the actions, omissions, negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss or out of pocket expenses, which your heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may have or which may hereinafter accrue on your behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise from your attendance at the RILA Event and related activities.
Conference Photography and Videography Policy
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, RILA meetings, conferences and other related activities, in person or virtually, (collectively, “RILA Events”) constitutes an agreement by you, the registrant, to grant RILA the right to record, film, live stream, edit, use and distribute your image and/or voice in any photographs, videography, audio and/or video reproductions captured during RILA Events. RILA, its employees and/or other permitted 3rd parties may use your image and/or voice in print and electronic media, including but not limited to social media feeds (e.g., Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook), marketing campaigns, publications or other similar uses in furtherance of RILA’s mission and you agree to release RILA, its officers, directors, members, employees, vendors, and volunteers from any liability connected with such use. You also understand that by attending RILA Events, you grant RILA the right to use technology that may monitor or track your activities at such RILA Events (e.g., session attendance or exhibit booths visited) for the purposes of creating metrics to improve the attendee experience.
You have the right to opt-out of the inclusion of any image, photography or audio/video recordings of you at RILA Event(s) as long as you notify RILA in writing by contacting email@example.com.
RILA’s Use of Attendee Conference Information Statement
(i) on conference attendee roster(s) in both print and/or digital form including, but not limited to the conference website, conference mobile app, printed roster, and digital roster, which will include your name, job title, and company. Your Personal Contact Information (i.e., your email address and corporate mailing address) may also be shared but only if you opt-in to doing so during the registration process.
(ii) for administering your participation in this Event which typically includes relaying information or changes about the Event content, logistics, lodging options, conference updates, speaker spotlights, and similar information related to your Event experience;
(iii) with certain Event 3rd party service providers specifically engaged by RILA to assist in the conduct of the Event (e.g. housing bureau, mobile application provider, virtual or digital meeting/event platform or service, on-site security, transportation companies, etc.);
(iv) if you register for or elect to participate in a sub-event managed or co-sponsored by 3rd parties other than or in addition to RILA, your attendee conference information may be shared with such 3rd party(ies), and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of such 3rd party(ies); and
(v) with Conference Exhibitors and Sponsors of the Event, when you opt-in to sharing your Personal Contact Information. If you choose to opt-in to sharing your Personal Contact Information during the registration process, Exhibitors and Sponsors may provide you with pre- and post-event communications (via email and/or print mail. You may contact RILA at any time to change your Personal Contact Information sharing preferences. At no time will your phone number be shared with any Exhibitor or Sponsor.
Sharing Your Information During the Event
Additional Conference Policies and Disclaimers
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any disabilities, special needs or dietary restrictions that may require a specific or special accommodations during the Event.
This RILA Event (including Retail CEO Forum, LINK: Retail Supply Chain Conference, Retail Asset Protection Conference, and Retail Law Conference) has been organized by RILA and any applicable steering committees. The presentations solely reflect the views and opinions of the speaker(s) and/or the speaker(s)’s organization(s). The presentations are for informational purposes and are being provided “AS-IS”. RILA makes no representation or warranty that the content of the presentations are accurate or current for any particular purpose and RILA disclaims all liability for any and all damages claimed, directly or indirectly, from the use of presentation contents. RILA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the RILA Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue, and time. The RILA Event content may be recorded by RILA and, if recorded, such recorded sections will be accessible to paid registered attendees.
RILA uses company logos of conference attendees in conference promotions. If you are registered for the Event and do not want your company logo used by RILA in conference promotions, please contact email@example.com.
COOKIES AND DO NOT TRACK POLICY
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our website or virtual platform may contain links to third party websites, platforms, applications and services not owned and/or operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. RILA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party including websites or services directly linked to our virtual event offerings. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party site that you link from our website or virtual platform.
All intellectual property rights in and to the RILA Event, the RILA Event content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the RILA Event, whether held in-person or virtually, are owned by RILA, its Event sponsors, or its speakers presenting at the Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names appearing at the RILA Event, in any form or content or in any materials distributed at or virtually in connection with the Event for any reason without the prior written permission of RILA. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by RILA or any of its affiliates for the purpose of this Event; nor does this Agreement grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of RILA or its affiliates, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of RILA and/or its affiliates.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRENTIES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
RILA gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the RILA Event or any materials offered or provided at the Event (in-person or virtually) and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The RILA Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by the speakers, attendees, or sponsors at the RILA Event are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or positions of RILA or any employee thereof. RILA makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by speakers, attendees or sponsors at a RILA Event and will not be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. RILA does not endorse, and expressly disclaims all liability relating to, any of the products or services provided by speakers, attendees, or sponsors.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
If we make any material changes to this Notice or the way we use, share or collect personal Data, we will notify you by revising the “Effective Date” at the top of this Notice. Any changes we make to this Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notification sent to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
RILA Event Code of Conduct
One of RILA’s major strengths is its ability to convene members and other industry participants in open forums, conferences, meetings and gatherings, in a variety of physical and digital forums, to exchange diverse ideas and views respectfully and to share professional wisdom and experience. RILA strives to promote the highest standards of ethical conduct, diversity and inclusion to enable positive, high quality experiences for all participants during RILA organized events, conferences, programs and activities.
This RILA Event Code of Conduct (“Code”) is intended to set forth RILA’s principles and expectations for event participants. This Code is not meant to be exhaustive. Rather, it is a standard of conduct that all RILA Event Participants are expected to uphold in order to foster a collegial environment where participants can learn, share ideas, create solutions and build relationships.
TO WHOM DOES THE CODE APPLY?
The Code applies to anyone participating or engaging at a RILA Event, whether in-person or virtually while on online, including, but not limited to: conference attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, moderators, venue staff, suppliers, contractors, RILA staff, guests, and volunteers (collectively hereinafter referred to as the “RILA Event Participants”).
WHEN DOES THE CODE APPLY?
The Code applies to all RILA coordinated events (collectively hereinafter referred to as “RILA Events”) including the following:
- RILA-organized conferences, meetings, and continuing education events (including social events, dinners, cocktail receptions, and other similar peripheral activities);
- RILA-organized virtual and digital conferences, meetings and continuing education events (including networking and social events delivered through a virtual, digital or other platform or service);
- Event presentation materials;
- Mailing lists, blogs, webinars, and online committee forums;
- Social media platforms and any other forums, electronic or otherwise by which the RILA community communicates with one another; and
- Unscheduled ad hoc gatherings or activities (e.g., drinks at a bar, impromptu meals) related to but not necessarily scheduled as part of a RILA Event.
WHAT DOES RILA EXPECT OF RILA EVENT PARTICIPANTS?
RILA Event Participants shall:
- Uphold the highest standards of conduct and assist others in maintaining those practices;
- Maintain a professional level of courtesy, respect and objectivity with other RILA Event Participants during all RILA Events;
- Support RILA’s goals by respecting the diversity and opinions of all RILA Event Participants;
- Promote a positive and collegial atmosphere free from harassment and other unacceptable, disruptive or intrusive behaviors;
- Drink responsibly at RILA Events where alcohol is served. Be free from being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or any other substance. Alcohol use or other forms of intoxication are never accepted as an excuse for violating this Code; and
- Support industry collaboration and cooperation while promoting open competition and compliance with antitrust and competition laws by not discussing restraint of trade agreements, prices, pricing policies, terms and conditions of purchase or sale, costs, future company plans or hiring practices, boycotting of customers or products, or any other topics that might be considered anti-competitive behavior.
RILA Event Participants Shall Not:
- Engage in or facilitate any discriminatory or harassing behavior toward any RILA Event Participant on any basis, including but not limited to, sex, race, color, personal appearance, national origin, religion, age, physical disability, mental disability, perceived disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal or relevant state or local laws;
- Engage in bullying, threatening, intimidating or coercive behavior or actions toward another RILA Event Participant;
- Record or rebroadcast audio or video of any digital or virtual event sessions;
- Sell, trade, transfer or share your event badge, personal access link and/or code, unless such transfer is approved in advance by RILA. By registering for a RILA Event, in-person or virtually, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access to any part of such event.
- Use, sell, purchase, possess, manufacture or distribute any illegal substances; and
- Carry or bring any firearms, weapons (including weapon replicas, unless submitted and approved in writing in advance by RILA), ammunition, dangerous or hazardous devices or substances or any illegal items to any RILA Event.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF A CODE VIOLATION?
When to call 911
If you or someone else is in immediate danger or threat of harm, please call 911 immediately and the onsite venue security staff if applicable.
Report to RILA staff
Once the situation or altercation has been secured and/or you are out of harm’s way, please report the incident(s) to an on-site RILA staff person, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call or text Jenny Keehan, RILA Senior Executive Vice President of Member Services, at 301.706.2605. Please leave a message if your call is not answered. A RILA staff person will respond to all reports of Code violations.
- Info to include in Code Violation Report (Please contact us, even if you do not have all information listed below):
- Your contact information (so we can get in touch with you);
- Names or descriptions of anyone who was involved in or who witnessed the incident;
- When and where the incident occurred (please be as specific as possible) and whether it is ongoing;
- Your account of what occurred. If there is an associated written record (e.g. tweets or messages) please include screenshots or a link;
- If a police report was issued or if law enforcement or venue security was contacted or involved; and
- Any other pertinent information.
Please note, RILA cannot guarantee confidentiality of any reports submitted under this Code as information contained in any such report may need to be shared with law enforcement, onsite security staff, insurance companies, the RILA Executive Team and/or the RILA Board of Directors.
RILA onsite staff are available to help RILA Event Participants contact local law enforcement, onsite venue security, or otherwise assist Event Participants reporting Code violations including providing assistance to RILA Event Participants who have been subject to harassment or inappropriate behavior during a RILA Event.
Consequences for Failure to Meet Code Requirements
RILA Event Participants must conduct themselves in accordance with this Code at all RILA Events. RILA Event Participants asked to stop or refrain from any behavior in violation of this Code must do so immediately. Violations of this Code may result in, among other things, disciplinary action or expulsion from the RILA Event and/or future RILA Events without a refund at the sole discretion of RILA. RILA reserves the right in its sole discretion to apply any legally appropriate corrective action for Code violations outside of the specific examples noted in the Code.