All registrations will be confirmed, in writing, via e-mail.
NO RISK CANCELLATION POLICY
We understand the schedule demands of top executives, so register today knowing that if your plans change, you will receive a full refund through Friday, July 9, 2021. Cancellations received after July 9, 2021 are non-refundable. All cancellations must be in writing. Please note that your registration is not transferable. For more information, or to cancel your registration, contact Kelly Foelber.
SPECIAL NEEDSPlease contact Rachel Kalil if you require any special accommodations for the event.
LOGO DISCLAIMERRILA uses company logos of conference attendees in conference promotions. If you are registered for the Event and do not want your company logo used by RILA in conference promotions, please contact email@example.com.
(i) on conference attendee roster(s) in both print and/or digital form including, but not limited to the conference website, conference mobile app, printed roster, and digital roster, which will include your name, job title, and company. Your Personal Contact Information (i.e., your email address and corporate mailing address) may also be shared but only if you opt-in to doing so during the registration process.
(ii) for administering your participation in this Event which typically includes relaying information or changes about the Event content, logistics, lodging options, conference updates, speaker spotlights, and similar information related to your Event experience;
(iii) with certain Event 3rd party service providers specifically engaged by RILA to assist in the conduct of the Event (e.g. housing bureau, mobile application provider, virtual or digital meeting/even platform or service, on-site security, transportation companies, etc.);
(iv) if you register for or elect to participate in a sub-event managed or co-sponsored by 3rd parties other than or in addition to RILA, your attendee conference information may be shared with such 3rd party(ies), and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of such 3rd party(ies); and
(v) with Conference Exhibitors and Sponsors of the Event, when you opt-in to sharing your Personal Contact Information. If you choose to opt-in to sharing your Personal Contact Information during the registration process, Exhibitors and Sponsors may provide you with pre- and post-event communications (via email and/or print mail. You may contact RILA at any time to change your Personal Contact Information sharing preferences. At no time will your phone number be shared with any Exhibitor or Sponsor.
CONFERENCE DISCLAIMERThis RILA Event (including Retail CEO Forum, LINK: Retail Supply Chain Conference, Retail Asset Protection Conference, and Retail Law Conference) has been organized by RILA and any applicable steering committees. The presentations solely reflect the views and opinions of the speaker(s) and/or the speaker(s)’s organization(s). The presentations are for informational purposes and are being provided “AS-IS”. RILA makes no representation or warranty that the content of the presentations are accurate or current for any particular purpose and RILA disclaims all liability for any and all damages claimed, directly or indirectly, from the use of presentation contents.
RILA EVENT CODE OF CONDUCTOne of RILA’s major strengths is its ability to convene members in open forums, conferences, meetings and gatherings, in a variety of physical and digital forums, to exchange ideas and diverse views respectfully and to share professional wisdom and experience. RILA promotes the highest standards of ethical conduct, diversity and inclusion to enable all participants to have positive quality experiences during RILA organized events, conferences, programs and activities.
This RILA Event Code of Conduct (“Code”) is intended to set forth RILA’s principles and expectations for event participants. This Code is not meant to be exhaustive. Rather, it is a standard of conduct that all RILA Event Participants are expected to uphold in order to foster a collegial environment where participants can learn, share ideas, create solutions and build relationships.
Who Does the Code Apply To?
The Code applies to anyone participating or engaging at a RILA Event, whether in-person or online, including, but not limited to: conference attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, moderators, venue staff, suppliers, contractors, RILA staff, guests, and volunteers (collectively hereinafter
referred to as the “RILA Event Participants”).
When Does the Code Apply?
The Code applies to all RILA coordinated events (collectively hereinafter referred to as “RILA Events”) include the following:
- RILA organized conferences, meetings, and continuing education events (including social events, dinners, cocktail receptions, and other similar peripheral activities);
- RILA-organized virtual and digital conferences, meetings and continuing education events (including networking and social events delivered through a virtual, digital or other platform or service;
- Event presentation materials;
- Event presentation materials;
- Mailing lists, blogs, webinars, and online committee forums;
- Social media platforms and any other forums, electronic or otherwise by which the RILA community communicates with one another; and
- Unscheduled ad hoc gatherings or activities (e.g., drinks at a bar, impromptu meals) related to but not necessarily scheduled as part of a RILA Event.
RILA Event Participants shall:
- Uphold the highest standards of conduct and assist others in maintaining those practices;
- Maintain a professional level of courtesy, respect and objectivity with other RILA Event Participants during all RILA Events;
- Support RILA’s goals by respecting the diversity and opinions of all RILA Event Participants;
- Promote a positive and collegial atmosphere free from harassment and other unacceptable or intrusive behaviors;
- Drink responsibly at RILA Events where alcohol is served. Be free from being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or any other substance. Alcohol use or other forms of intoxication are never accepted as an excuse for violating this Code; and
- Support industry collaboration and cooperation while promoting open competition and compliance with antitrust and competition laws by not discussing restraint of trade agreements, prices, pricing policies, terms and conditions of purchase or sale, costs, future company plans or hiring practices, boycotting of customers or products, or any other topics that might be considered anti-competitive behavior.
- Engage in or facilitate any discriminatory or harassing behavior toward any RILA Event Participant on any basis, including but not limited to, sex, race, color, personal appearance, national origin, religion, age, physical disability, mental disability, perceived disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal or relevant state or local laws;
- Engage in bullying, threatening, intimidating or coercive behavior or actions toward another RILA Event Participant;
- Use, sell, purchase, possess, manufacture or distribute any illegal substances; and
- Carry or bring any firearms, weapons (including weapon replicas, unless submitted and approved in writing in advance by RILA), ammunition, dangerous or hazardous devices or substances or any illegal items to any RILA Event.
When to call 911
If you or someone else is in immediate danger or threat of harm, please call 911 immediately and the onsite venue security staff if applicable.
When to Report to RILA staff
Once the situation or altercation has been secured and/or you are out of harm’s way, please report the incident(s) to an on-site RILA staff person, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call or text Jenny Keehan, RILA Senior Executive Vice President of Member Services, at 301.706.2605. Please leave a message if your call is not answered. A RILA staff person will respond to all reports of Code violations.
Info to include in Code Violation Report (Please contact us, even if you do not have all information listed below):
- Your contact information (so we can get in touch with you);
- Names or descriptions of anyone who was involved in or who witnessed the incident;
- When and where the incident occurred (please be as specific as possible) and whether it is ongoing;
- Your account of what occurred. If there is an associated written record (e.g. tweets or messages) please include screenshots or a link;
- If a police report was issued or if law enforcement or venue security was contacted or involved; and
- Any other pertinent information.
RILA onsite staff are available to help RILA Event Participants contact local law enforcement, onsite venue security, or otherwise assist Event Participants reporting Code violations including providing assistance to RILA Event Participants who have been subject to harassment or inappropriate behavior during a RILA Event.
Consequences for Failure to Meet Code Requirements
RILA Event Participants must conduct themselves in accordance with this Code at all RILA Events. RILA Event Participants asked to stop or refrain from any behavior in violation of this Code must do so immediately. Violations of this Code may result in, among other things, disciplinary action or expulsion from the RILA Event and/or future RILA Events without a refund at the sole discretion of RILA. RILA reserves the right in its sole discretion to apply any legally appropriate corrective action for Code violations outside of the specific examples noted in the Code.
Registration is opening soon!
Request an invitation by emailing email@example.com